? ??????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account
and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.??5. Click "S BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Sunday, July 19, 2009

No Big Deal


This is Mom on the top of Mt. McLoughlin. Her first act in reaching the 9500 foot summit was to whip out her cell phone and call Brian, who (annoyingly) refused to answer. No worries though, voicemail would suffice for her purposes "Hey Brian!.........No big deal............just sitting on the top of mount McLoughlin." She then proceded to call Nathan with similar results, though Nathan oblidged to answer.

From the top of McLoughlin, we had gorgeous views of Klamath Lake, Shasta, Lake of the Woods, and other surrounding lakes and mountains.



Dixie was extremely grateful for the snow the sun had not yet managed to melt. The orange blurrs on the left of the picture are butterflies. There were literally THOUSANDS. All the same kind, all heading in a unified direction, which happened to be right into your face on the way up, as luck would have it.



Due to navigational errors, we started our trek at the wrong trailhead, which turned what should have been a 10.5 mile journey into 15.5 miles. "Oops" was about all the apology we could get out of him. I'm not sure, but I think my face right here is an expression of minor frustration running through my brain.






This was our last excursion before "The Big One" when Mom, Kim and I will try our hands at international travel in Europe. And though we're inexperienced, don't worry...no big deal.

7 comments:

Brian Bailey said...

I can’t believe you guys climbed McLoughlin without me, and then mom felt the need to rub it in. Is Dixie really laying on the snow in that picture, looks cold. Don’t worry about me I’m just hanging out in my college apartment . . . NO BIG DEAL.

Kim said...

Haha. You're hilarious. Looks like you guys had a great time . . . even after a few extra miles. And those butterflies look HUGE?! Hope all goes smoothly today and tomorrow! See you next week . . . in GERMANY!

Niccole said...

I love your blog. I appreciate all the many ways we can keep in touch. Let's think of some more ways. Maybe you could invent a matter transporter. That would be good.
I looooove your annoyed face. I don't see that often. Have SO MUCH FUN in Europe!!

Brian Bailey said...

wait a second, I thought you were going to post pictures of germany?

The Constantines said...

Jelly Bean!! I don't get enough of you either... :( Come play sister! ~Love your photos etc!

Kelly said...

Janelle, I'm a little miffed. It seems that I'm the last to discover that you have a blog, and let me tell you, I don't like to be the last one to know, ever! I'm happy to find it and hope that I get to see many posts in the future??? (What, are you busy with school or something?) Miss you!

Kelly said...

Alright... you're forgiven, but now I'm going to have to stalk your blog until I see a new post...c'mon Janelle!